Victoria St, Edinburgh
Victoria St. Constructed 1829-1834 as part of Thomas Hamilton’s 1827 Improvement Act, to provide a better approach to the Castle and to Lawnmarket from the west.
As the street replaced in the process was the old West Bow, Victoria St was originally known as Bow St. The name was changed in 1837, when Queen Victoria came to the throne.
EdinburghGreat BritainpubScotlandStreet PhotographytravelUKUnited KingdomVictoria St