Looking down Castlehill toward the Camera Obscura and The Hub (originally built for the Church of Scotland).
The Camera Obscura and World of Illusions (formerly 'Outlook Tower') was originally part of Maria Theresa Short's 'exhibition observatory' on Calton Hill, it was moved to Castlehill in 1853 and renamed 'Short's Observatory, Museum of Science and Art'.
It was purchased and refurbished by Patrick Geddes in 1892, who renamed it 'Outlook Tower'. It took on its current name around 1945.
CastlehillchurchEdinburghGreat BritainobservatoryPatrick GeddesRoyal MileScotlandtravelUKUnited Kingdom