The Dean Village section of The Water of Leith - the main river flowing through Edinburgh to the Firth of Forth. The adjacent path (The Water of Leith Walkway, which is both footpath and cycleway) was constructed 1973-1981 and opened shortly afterward.
Statue of Greyfriars Bobby, corner of Candlemaker Row and George IV Bridge. A Skye Terrier known for spending 14 years guarding the grave of his owner, until he died himself on 14 January 1872.
The statue was created by William Brodie in 1872, commissioned by Baroness Burdett-Coutts. Unveiled 15 November 1873.
The monument itself was originally built as a drinking fountain (with an upper fountain for humans, a lower fountain for dogs); the water supply was cut off in 1975 (health scares), and the basins filled with concrete.