Dawes Point, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Beside the Dawes Point Cable Hut, Hickson Road. Designed by James Barnet, constructed around 1880.
One of a pair (the other was demolished during construction of the Sydney Harbour Bridge), linked by submarine cables between Dawes and Milsons Points.
Beyond is the Ives Steps Wharf. Formerly known as the Waterman's Steps, this was the site from which Billy Blue ferried passengers across to what is now Blues Point.
The steps were renamed after Alderman Isaac Ellis Ives around 1896.
AustraliaDawes PointJames BarnetNSWRobert HicksonSydneySydney Harbourdemolishedplaquestreetlightwharf
From Dawes Point : Cable Hut