Millers Point, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Richmond Villa (left) and Glover Cottage, Kent Street. Richmond Villa was designed by Colonial Architect Mortimer Lewis (as his own home), constructed 1849-1851.
Originally sited next to the domain, it was disassembled and relocated 1975-1978 as it was in the way of planned additions to Parliament House.
Glover Cottage was constructed 1820s by cooper Edward Ewen, but later sold to publican James Glover - who built two more cottages nearby. These later buildings were demolished 1820s and rebuilt 1880s, and again demolished during the plague resumptions in 1900.
NB : both houses sit atop a sandstone rock shelf which resulted from quarrying in the area c1810-1830s.
RichmondVillaAustraliaMillers PointMortimer LewisNSWSydneypanoquarry