Millers Point, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Former Military Hospital, constructed 1815. Perhaps better known as the Fort Street School (Fort Street itself runs up to the school, and was partly used as a playground for many years), which it became in 1849.
The school was split into 3 parts in 1911 - a public school (located in new buildings nearby), one for boys and one for girls. The boys school moved to a Petersham site in 1916, the girls followed in 1975. The original school building is now home to Australia's National Trust.
AustraliaCharles Augustus FitzRoyMillers PointNSWObservatory HillSydneyboot scraperhospitalschool
From Boot Scrapers & Carriage Blocks