Waverton, Sydney, NSW, Australia
The Sydney suburb of Waverton, in the city's 'Lower North Shore' area. Named in 1929 after early resident Robert Old's home 'Waverton Estate' (which in turn was named for the English village).
This particular location is the site of the former primary Golden Fleece office building for their import operations (the company imported lubricating oil from Mexico and stored it on this site).
In operation from 1953 - 1981 as Golden Fleece, then as Caltex for a further decade or so. Closed in the 1990s, the entire building was demolished in 2009.
P2080600HDRAustraliaBalls Head ReserveHenry Lidgbird BallNSWSydneyWavertoncoal loaderdemolishedsign
From Waverton : Caltex Office Site, Balls Head Reserve