Glebe, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Johnstons Creek, marking the eastern boundary of the land granted to George Johnston in the 1790s, which he named Annandale. It now forms a boundary of the suburbs Annandale, Forest Lodge, Camperdown and Stanmore.
To improve sanitation, Johnston's Creek was converted into a brick and concrete Channel in the 1890s (probably 1896, when the sewer aqueduct was built).
Beyond is the Railway Viaduct. Crossing Wentworth, Jubilee and Federal Parks, it was built in 1922 to provide freight access from the Darling Harbour goods yard to the timber industry in Glebe and Rozelle.
AustraliaFederal ParkGlebeJohnston's CreekMajor George JohnstonNSWSydneyheritagerailviaduct
From Glebe : Railway Viaduct