Green Point, Watson's Bay, Sydney, NSW, Australia
The Phillip Memorial. Commemorating the landing of the First Fleet (near this point), on 21 January 1788. Erected by the Royal Australian Historical Society, Jan 1927.
Behind it is the former Marine Biological Station, Camp Cove (31 Pacific Street). Designed by architect John Kirkpatrick in 1881 for Russian scientist Nikolai Miklouho-Maclay to study Australia’s marine environment.
Arthur PhillipAustraliaGreen PointmemorialNSWSydneyWatsons Bay
From Sculptures, Statues & Monuments