Meadowbank, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Meadowbank Ferry Wharf, on the Parramatta River near Helene Park (site of the house 'Helenie', constructed early 1840s by Isaac and Ann Shepherd; demolished 1939).
Although there has been a wharf here since about 1840, it was the westernmost point for ferry services from 1928-1993 (industrial waste upstream had blocked large parts of the river); services to Parramatta resumed in Dec 1993 following a little clean-up work.
Both RiverCat and First Fleet ferries now operate here.
From Meadowbank : Ferry Wharf