Darling Harbour, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Construction of the Sydney Exhibition Centre.
On the left is the AML and F Woolstore, Bullecourt Place (428-466 Harris St Ultimo). Constructed early 20thC - replacing a number of 1870s terrace houses.
Unused from the 1960s, largely destroyed by fire in 1992. The remaining walls were pulled down a few years later, and the Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre [Harry Seidler, 2001-2007] now stands in its place.
On the right is the Goldsborough Mort Wool Store, Pyrmont Street. Constructed 1935, to replace Richard Goldsbrough's 1883 structure which was destroyed by fire.
Converted to apartments in 1995.
img595AustraliaDarling HarbourNSWRalph DarlingSydneyconstructiondestroyedfirerailwool store
From Darling Harbour [1988-2013]