Glebe, Sydney, NSW, Australia
The original western boundary of Sydney - the corner of Parramatta and Glebe Point Roads. Originally located nearby (in what is now Broadway), it was moved when the street was widened.
Sited here is the former University Hotel, opened 1858 and run by John Walton - perhaps best known for his time on the local Council.
The building was later transformed into the University Hall, and is still used primarily for student accommodation (for those studying at nearby Sydney University).
This particular item is the Jubilee Fountain, unveiled 2 Aug 1909 by the NSW State Governor (Baron Chelmsford) - marking the 50th anniversary of Glebe Municipality.
From Glebe : Boundary Stone, Jubilee Fountain & Plaque