Birchgrove, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Mort's Dock (now 'Mort Bay Park'), between McKell and Mort Streets. Constructed 1853-1867 for Thomas Sutcliffe Mort's 'Mort's Dock & Engineering Company', it was Australia's first full-size dry dock.
When the area was sold to ANL (which converted it in to a container facility) in 1960 - the buildings were demolished, and the dry dock filled in. When the site was later  converted to a mix of residential and open areas, the dock was simply grassed over.
From Sydney's Fitness Paths, Parks & Playgrounds