Dawes Point, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Pottinger Park (aka 'The Paddock'). Home to sculpture 'Three Sisters', created 1970 by designer, illustrator, sculptor & cartoonist Gordon Andrews - perhaps best known for his work on Australian banknotes - and now forming part of the Walsh Bay Sculpture Walk.
This sign notes the the Pottinger Street Viaduct, a series of bridges between Pottinger Street and the wharves on Hickson Road.
The nearby bridge (joining wharf 2&3) was commenced in 1921; all three were complete by 1923. Bridge 2/3 was reconstructed using steel (the original was timber) in 1955.
AustraliaDawes PointNSWRobert HicksonSydneysignviaduct
From Dawes Point : Pottinger Park