Carlingford, Sydney, NSW, Australia
The Sydney suburb of Carlingford. Originally home to the Wallumedegal (sometimes 'Wallumattagai') people, first settled by Europeans in the 1790s.
Known by various names prior to 1883, the area formally became 'Carlingford' on Jul 16 of that year. The name itself is thought to have been either describing similarities to the Irish town, or chosen to honour Lord Carlingford - the British Under-secretary to the Colonies.
This particular building is the Carlingford Produce Store, near Jenkins Road (beside Carlingford Station). The main building is a former Feed Mill [constructed 1927 for the Carlingford Producers Cooperative Company], the associated elements date from 1902 to the present day.
Beyond is Carlingford Railway Station. Opened 20 August 1896 as Pennant Hills, renamed Carlingford 1 August 1901.
From Carlingford Railway Station