Kamay Botany Bay National Park - 456-hectares of wonderful open space running from La Perouse to Kurnell. Lieutenant James Cook landed at Kurnell on 29 Apr 1770 and the bay itself was named for his botanist - Joseph Banks.
The roundabout marks the location of a former tram turning circle, one of the last to be removed (the last tram to travel in Sydney ran from La Perouse to Randwick workshops on 25 Feb 1961).
Penny Royal World. The millhouse  was originally sited next to Penny Royal Creek, between Cressy and Ross on the Isis River. After a number of years it fell into disrepair, and in 1972 it was relocated to a disused Launceston quarry.
The surrounding buildings - the Penny Royal Gunpowder Mills - were constructed at this time, designed to depict colonial mills of the early 19th century.
The entire operation was closed in July 2006, purchased by Josef Chromy's JAC Group in May 2013 and re-opened as a hotel.