The Tron Kirk. Erected between 1636 and 1647 to a design by John Mylne (Royal Master Mason), closed (as a church) 1952.
Originally much wider, both side aisles were removed in 1785 to accommodate the South Bridge and Blair Street leading to Hunter Square. In 1828 the church was modified once again, with the addition of a new spire (the first was destroyed by a fire in 1824)
churchdestroyedEdinburghfireGreat BritainHigh StreetpubRoyal MileScotlandtravelUKUnited Kingdom