Dawes Point, Sydney, NSW, Australia
The lower defenses (there were two levels) of Dawes Point Battery. Constructed July 1791, renovated 1860 (overseen by Captain George Barney).
Formerly a cemetery, an observatory, a powder magazine and a castellated fort also by Greenway. In the 1870s - 1880s the defenses were relocated to the Heads surrounding Port Jackson, and Dawes Point Battery fell into disuse.
AustraliaDawes PointGeorge BarneyNSWSydneybuscannongaolseat