Waverton, Sydney, NSW, Australia
The Sydney suburb of Waverton, in the city's 'Lower North Shore' area. Named in 1929 after early resident Robert Old's home 'Waverton Estate' (which in turn was named for the English village).
This particular structure is (on the far side) the Quarantine Launch Depot, Berrys Bay. Established 1912 to meet with incoming ships and ferry sick passengers to the Quarantine Hospital at North Head.
In 1988 it took on an entirely different role - transferred to the Australian National Maritime Museum as a site for maintenance of its heritage fleet.
On the right is 'Woodleys', a boat-building business which has operated since around 1906. Prior to that the site was briefly [1880s] used by the Sydney Torpedo Depot (giving rise to the name 'Torpedo Bay' for this area.
Alexander BerryAustraliaBerrys BayNSWSydneyWavertonquarantine depot