St Andrew’s and St George’s West, George Street. Initially intended for a site at the end of St Andrew Square, it was forced to adopt a new location when Sir Laurence Dundas built his house there.
Designed by Royal Engineers Andrew Frazer (Chief Army Engineer for Scotland) and Robert Kay, opened December 1784. The spire was added in 1787.
Originally 'St Andrew’s Church' (St George's Church was in Charlotte Square, and is now West Register House), it merged with St George's about 1965 and with St George's West (Shandwick Place) in January 2010.
EdinburghGeorge StGreat BritainScotlandUKUnited Kingdombollardcar parkchurchclockstatuetelephone boxtravel